Media consumption



Newspapers

Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read? None
What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why? None
What sections do you never read, and why? I don't read newspapers
What kinds of stories do you usually read and why? None
Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read? I dont read it
Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others? No

Magazines

What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly? Why/why not? I don't buy magazines regularly
What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why? I don't read magazines

Television

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television? Like 5-6 hours
What device do you use to watch television? My tablet or the tv
What times of day do you usually watch television? In the evenings
What programmes do you like best and why? I don't have any favourites
Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? I usually watch alone
Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?) No

Radio

Do you listen to the radio? Sometimes
If yes, what stations do you like best and why? If I had to choose i'd listen to Capital because it plays recent music
Do you listen to podcasts? No
If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently? None
Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio? None
What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio? I dont listen to either
Where do you listen to podcast or radio? Probably my phone
What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening? None
Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen? My mum also listens to the radio

Film

What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? None
What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime,         satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming? I watched Barbie
Who else watched the films with you?
My mum
Who decided what films to watch? Me
What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.? My tablet or the tv when I'm with multiple people

Online

How often do you access the internet? Everyday
Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc. Mostly at home
What are the main sites that you access? Instagram, TikTok, snapchat
What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment? Entertainment and to communicate with people
What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? None
What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? My phone
What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular? I use Instagram and TikTok since they're entertaining


Final section: reflection

How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
By starting to read more newspapers and magazines and discover different types of media as currently I don't use that much. I only use social media and the tv but i think i can develop the amount by using different types.

What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media? I will change the amount of sources i use and try widen my media consumption my reading magazines and newspapers and listening to the radio.

List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. The one that i will try to engage with this year would have to be podcasts and radios. I might even start buying a magazine, for example the Media Magazine mainly because I'm a media student.

Comments

Popular Posts